Alvet Miranda - EBSCO Information Services, Australia
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) brings together the most comprehensive collection of content—including superior indexing from top subject indexes, high-end full text and the entire library collection—all within an unparalleled full-featured, customizable discovery layer experience.
It is the only Discovery service working with Koha and the EDS Koha Plugin turns Koha into a Discovery front-end offering a streamlined search experience across the catalogue, the library’s online subscriptions/databases, and more.
This paper presents how the plugin can be configured easily using EBSCO Admin and Koha Admin to:
1) Enable Research Starters (offers short, citable summaries and authoritative overviews of more than 64,000 of the most popular topics)
2) Enable Publication Finder (A to Z knowledgebase) and search within publication
3) Set Default Search Modes and Limiters
In addition, EDS’ functionality can be extended using select Apps from the EBSCO App Store such as:
1) Google Analytics with event tracking to capture and analyse user interaction such as search terms, enable/disable limiters, popular titles etc.
2) Item Exact Match Recommender to display search term driven resources as a way to help users find what they are looking for.